In its seventh year of providing funding for digital media series, the Independent Production Fund (IPF) announced nearly $2M in web series funding for 16 recipients (nine English and seven French series). Five of the series were previously funded through IPF while 11 winners are new series to be produced this year. For those of you who aren't fully aware of IPF, they are an organization that is dedicated to providing partial funding for digital media across Canada.
177 applications were submitted in the first round of applications which was then cut down to 29. Of the 29, 16 were selected based on content, production styles and processes, formats, business and promotion models, audience engagement and revenue potential; all series were also judged by 40-member selection committee comprised of an international jury, IPF board members and industry evaluators.
The selected projects represent a range of genres including comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, drama, animation, and musical for different target demographics and distribution platforms and have been created by new digital production companies as well as established television production companies from across Canada. Please take a moment to congratulate the recipients of this year's IPF funding, be sure to check them out below and show them some love!
- 100 amis - Comedy
- Gamer(R) - Comedy, Drama
- How to Buy a Baby - Comedy
- Hypno - Comedy
- Kristal Clear - Comedy, Drama
- Le temps des chenilles - Comedy, Drama
- March-en-peluche, Season 2 - Drama
- People Watching - Animated Comedy
- Polyvalente - Musical Comedy
- Riding Hood - Mystery, Thriller
- Riftworld Chronicles, Season 2 - Comedy, Fantasy
- Running with Violet - Dark Comedy
- Save Me - Comedy, Drama
- Switch & Bitch, Season 3 - Comedy
- Überdude, Season 2 - Animated Comedy
- White Ninja, Season 2 - Animated Comedy
For more information, please see the full release here.